Random Images IV

Rate this topic

fishstriper

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's. :th:

Super popular tread. I have seen enormous tires mounted like this. Kinda dangerous but common method

There's no need to stand on top of a rock when the water's 6 inches deep around you and you're wearing waders - you're at cuttyhunk damnit, be hardcore. -EBHarvey

how would that work? :confused:

Expanding air 'pops' the tire back on the hub. I've done it many times for low pressure spin offs (beach, etc) and on tractor/wheel barrow tires. First saw it being done

by some guys crossing the Antarctic in specialized Toyota Land Cruisers . The average air pressure was 2.5 PSI and they would frequently spin the tire out of the rim and

that's how they get it back on.

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

Expanding air 'pops' the tire back on the hub. I've done it many times for low pressure spin offs (beach, etc) and on tractor/wheel barrow tires. First saw it being done

by some guys crossing the Antarctic in specialized Toyota Land Cruisers . The average air pressure was 2.5 PSI and they would frequently spin the tire out of the rim and

There's a Mythbusters episode on this...

-- Big Bald Head

I have used a bicycle inner tube to seal the gap between the tire and rim so a low pressure source can inflate the tire.

It costs you the cycle tube. but is safer than using the fire method, but not as fun.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Guru View Post

Those are mud terrains, the old style before the recent design change.

A great tire,gravel doesn't get caught in them as bad as the AT's.

MICHELLE OBAMA: "Barack knows that we are going to have to make sacrifices; we are going to have to change our conversation; we're going to have to change our traditions, our history; we're going to have to move into a different place as a nation."