Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StriperSwiper

Hudson River

11 posts in this topic

Guys...The fishing on the Hudson River is

starting in the Kingston Area. Herring are in the Rondout Creek as well. Water temp on the Creek today was 51 degrees. Esopus Lighthouse(river)was 48 degrees. Stripers being caught in both the creek and river. Looks like the season is starting up this

way.

StriperSwiper did you do any fishing ?

If so how was it ?

Were there alot of herring ?

Thanks JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Doing Final preps at the moment hope to get out tomorrow (saturday. Was at the marina

checking on things when fish were being caught/brought in. Biggest so far was 28lbs

from the Rondout creek. Nice early fish.

Plenty of Alewives in the creek. Bluebacks will be here later. Water temp on creek was 52. River was 50.

Hi JimW. Went out Sunday (kingston) it was a beautiful calm day. Marked lots of herring

and mostly school bass. Had 3 screaming

runoffs, 2 pickups/drops. My uncle had a

dandy fish on that ran for the channel and

never looked back ran the reel almost to its

end bafore getting off. 1-23lb male boated

everything esle got loose. Small fish for the most part though. Boat ran terrible

and is going back to the marina on Saturday.

I'm grounded til late next week. Looks like

I'm shore fishing for a while! You been out and had any luck???

Thanks,

Sorry to hear abt yr boat problems, rather untimely. I'm looking to throw the yak in someplace over there on Sat or Sun, trying to decide if down around Croton would be better. Kind of a limited range with the yak. Sounds like the fish are there, though. Herring been the key or are other things working? I'm guessing I'll go where I can some bait with some certainty.

SS where were you fishing? Rondout/hudson. Give few more details. What were you using for bait? As we said SII and myself marked lots of fish, but had nothing they wanted. Scott

Fished chunk herring on the bottom in 15-16ft

of water. Noticed most fish to be at 6-9 ft

down. Moved up farther on the flats off kgn

point where you hit a 10ft shelf dropping to 16ft quickly, found the fish on the edge.

That is where most of the hits occurred.

Wish I had more time and my boat wasn't laid up for repairs,cause there was defintely some

big fish stacked there Sunday. By the way Scott, Tom Gentalen from the River Basin

Sports Shop in Catskill weighed in a 44 lb 9oz cow today (45 3/4"). The fella wasn't in the contest however so it doesn't count but what a nice fish...huh? Anybody got a boat??? I'll buy the gas and supply the hotspots. I'm too big for YAKS fellas.

SII and myself spotted a lot of fish. Just trying to get some herring for bait. Black creek was empty. Water is low too. We msarked them all in the 20-40 ft range right onthe drop offs. S