Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rudy

kayak fishing Maui in hawai

3 posts in this topic

To all,

I am going to Maui in Hawaii. I plan to shoreline fish and rent a kayak to fish( I figure my 15ft kayak would be tough to ship!)

Anyone with local information or even website links I would appreciate it

Rudy

Rudy - go to the west coast board at CKF. That should be your best bet on info. Also if you have a kayak fishing seat (the type with rod holders built in) bring it because a rental kayak won't have rod holders.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Everyone, while on the subject. When you buy your next seat or if you've considering buying your first. Get a seat with rod holders built in and set up for plastic with brass adapters. Plastic is what Ocean Kayaks use and they'll be the most common rentals at resorts. All other kayaks use brass so with a set of adapters you're set. My personal seat is a StS Fishing seat with adapters so when I travel I'm set.

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 11-08-2001).]

Rudy,

if you get to Lahauna, look up Dan Regan. He is a NY born and breed boy and I know he likes the water alot. Tell him you fish the east coast and he'll be your best friend for the time you are there. If you do contact him, Tell him dougie V from CT says hi!

You couldn't possibly hook up with a better person!! GREAT guy!!