Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Podspoppers

Kayak/Car tTop Carrier

6 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

I just moved out to the Rockaways and am convinced that Kayaking Jamaica Bay will be absolutely awesome!!!

So I have decided to get one. My question (for now) is.."are there any roof racks, carriers that will co on top of a regular car? I have an '04 maxima.

I was thinking that some narrower models might fit between the two folddown seats and hang out the trunk. This might work. I only need to secure it for about a mile until I get to the launch site.

Thanks,

POD

I bought a whole roof rack kit for my honda civic hatchback about a year ago. it's got clips, bars, a stretch kit, the rack, and a foam cylinder that protects the kayak. I loved the way it worked. problem was about 2 months after i hooked everything up the honda crapped out on me. the rack was great for carrying my 52lb kayak. It's a wide boat too. i got rid of the honda but i've been thinking of selling the rack. I can't say with absolute certainty, but i think with another small part it might fit an '04 maxima. interested?

We sell and prefer Yakima but there are a lot of brands of racks that should fit your car. You can find them on the net or a good dealer will offer free instalation.

Barrell

I use the Thule Hull a Port so I can load from the side. I like it.

They make them for most all make & models.

It was a tough choice between Thule & Yakima.

I'm pretty new at this though.