Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darrell

Lynnhaven Fly Fishing Tourney this past Saturday

1 post in this topic

Hi Guys,

I was in a tourney last week. My first tourney and my first time out in my yak since my operation back at the end of August. Really did not do that much paddling. I know where to fish in that inlet so it helped. My partner and I did well, we got third. All in all we caught 14 specks and two drum. My first drum on the fly what a blast. Here is a copy of the report from another listing on the net:

Eight teams turned out for the 1st Annual Lynnhaven Catch and Release Flyfishing Tournament. 5 teams were on boats and 3 teams were on kayaks. Lots of small red drum and spotted trout were caught. A 21 inch flounder was the larges fish caught. All in all it was a very successful event with no serious problems. OK now here were the results:

1st Place: Art Greason and Allen Palmer from Va. Beach.

2nd Place: Francois Beautlaud and Cory Routh from Va. Beach

3rd Place: Darrell Hollifield (yours truly)from Va. Beach and Greg Titus from Richmond.

4th Place: Alex Penland and Tim Bruce from Richmond.

5th Place: Ron Russell and Larry Clemmins from Va. Beach.

6th Place: Paul Scott and Brian Choe from Va. Beach.

7th Place: Glenn Stone and Karl Ringer from Va. Beach.

8th Place: Beau Beasley from Alexandria and Mike Cozzins from Va, Beach.

I would personally like to thank everone who attended and invite you all to attend the 2nd annual tournament. I would also like to thank the sponsors who provided prizes for the tournament and raffle, they are: Rajeff Sports, Airflo flylines, Long Bay Pointe Bait and Tackle and Marina, Courtland, and last but not least Brandon from ****.com.

This was a fun tourney to do. It's an infant as far as tourney's go, the first year. But next year should be bigger and better. It's strickly a fly fishing tourney and the stripers would have been present but the water temps were still around 75 degrees. Some are being caught in the inlet this week! I am hopefully going this saturday.

The pic shows the yaks that were in the tourney. The navigator is my partners and the PPPP-Pungo in gray some of you might remember from the spring time flats fling. It's my yak. cwm12.gif Oh ya, our yak team beat out three power boats as far as placement in the tourney, pretty cool huh?

Image001.jpg

cwm12.gif

------------------

Va_Yakfisherman@yahoo.com