Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Sunday's Fishing - Western Sound

1 post in this topic

Joey had writer for a Westchester paper who wanted to join us on the water and he wanted a group. So I loaded up my Tarpon 160, 120 (for the wrtier) and the FnD (for the photographer) and met up with the group around 5 AM. The group consisted of the writer and photographer, with the additional attendees of myself, Joey, salth20fly, Scooby, Santiago 2, ScottO, Art, Ray, Bill and Salvy. I didn't plan on fishing much and wanted to take some pics. I ended fishing more then I planned as I was using a tube and worm to locate fish. My tally was about 10 fish to 38". JOey had the most with around 20 with his largest right around keeper size. Everyone caught fish with a few fish near or exceeding 20#s. Salty lost a good fish in the same range as he went to grab it. Scooby livelined some bunker after Joey and I left and got one over 20 and also got a 10# blue. There was a ton of bunker around and we're hoping that the big blues find them and we have similar harbor fishing as we had in 2001. It was a blast that year with copious quantities of 10-20# blues. biggrin.gif