Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishinritch

Raritain bay saturday

9 posts in this topic

I'm free all day saturday.Whatever time that is good for you guys works for me.

I dont know if your famliar with the area but I plan on launching either at the end of union ave Or in the creek befor the boardwalk.The beach at the end of union ave will probably be pretty crowded.

We can meet someplace If you dont know the area.The Tackle Box on Rt.36 in Hazlet,or Burger King in union beach.

Whatever time and place is good for you.I live less than 10 min. away from all these places

Thight lines

Ritch

I've got to be at a function at 3 pm so I'll need to leave between noon and 1 pm. I like to launch at the end of Union rather than the other spot. Usually I fish pebble, etc. Actually I've never gone the other direction. How's it down that way? I figure that trolling the flats is going to be the way to go. I know that Woody wants to go and I believe that its his maiden voyage. Will they be hitting artificials yet?

JonS,

Nice to meet you at Ken Abrames presentation.

Trolling Raritan bay in the areas you mentioned is on my list for the very near future also. I have an old "yellow box" Hummingbird fishfinder. Any way to rig a thru the hull transducer setup with a kayak?

Ideally I would like it all to be removable.

There are lots of good ideas/methods to mount a fish finder. I haven't goten one yet. I plan on mounting a Scotty and adapting the finder to it. That way I only have to leave the trans caple coming out of a grommet. Check the yak fishing boards for ways to mount.

Do you plan on permanently mounting the transducer in the hull or do you want that to be portable also?

Count me in, lets meet at The Tackle Box, you guys set the time, I'm about an hour north of there, but I can be there whenever. I lost my virginity Monday afternoon on Monksville Reservoir, got chased by that big storm. It sounds like you guys are split between drifting bait and trolling, I'll do a little of both.

Drifting bait is boring to me and it might be a little early to troll lures. Then again even doing a bunch of trolling with good company is fine and with several of us on the water we can certainly cover more water and lure choices. Meeting at the Tackle Box is fine. I have to leave noonish.

FYI-

If you plan to launch around 830am, the water may be too low to paddle out of the creek before the Union Beach boardwalk. If the wind is blowing SW (pushing water offshore), you might have to walk out a few hundred yards before you reach water deep enough. Low tide is 730am.

JoeA

8:00 At the tackle box sounds good.I'll bring some trolling gear also.I saw some bait being chased today with bass swirling under them.Not sure what they were.To early for bunker,I think?possibly herring?