Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfrat666

Finally got to put in a little time! Fluke style

1 post in this topic

Had last Thursday and Friday off for the long weekend...Figured friday was the day. Pt Lookout high tide was 6:20 with a current lag of roughly an hour, so I could launch at pt lookout and drift down toward the east end of long beach and then come back with the tide. I have a malibu two with the surf to summit rod holder seat... I also rigged a square milk crate where the front seat is in which i had fastened 3 extra rod holders for storing my plugging rod (in case is saw any signs of stripers along the marsh) and my fluke net. In the crate i had 2 plano 3700 boxes with spare tackle/plugs secured by bungie cords. to the front of the crate i had fastened a soft cooler with some refreshments.

I had picked up squid and spearing the night before and was rigged up with a terminator combo using fluke bullet and a trailer.

Unfortunately the west wind foiled my drift plans as it was a bit stronger than the last hour of current so i paddled about a 1/4 mile west and started drifting. fortunately i had picked up a drift anchor which made a huge difference.

Final tally 3 fluke(2 keepers 17 and 24 ") and two blues about 6 lbs until moon tide got too strong.

It was awesome...can't wait to do it again

devil.gif

------------------

The Rat