Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cliffblair

Happiness is........

4 posts in this topic

When the rain stops, the sun comes out and you wife sweetly says "honey its nice out, why don't you go try out your new kayak'!

You kinda smile and say "thats a good idea"!

The Navigator slides across the grass with eaze and slips snugly into the Plymouth Voyager like it belonged there. Two 30" bungie cords snug it in safe and secure. Off to the local pond about a mile away.

The navigator is so light and easy to handle and launch its hard to believe. To get in is just a matter of sitting down. My first sot.

For the next 3 hours I circled th pond, paddling leisurely, talking to the ducks and geese checking out the stability and ease of handling....wonderful! Its fast, easy to paddle, tracks great. There is just the right amount of room and the low gunnel keeps you from scraping your knuckles when paddling. The STS seat is very comfortable and my 225 lb body wight is just right, no water flows in through the scupper holes.

Its the perfect kayak for me, next time out the fishing rod! Cliff Blair

Let the record state that this man is talking to ducks and geese. It's a free country. And people laugh at me when I hold conversations with fish I catch. How dare you!!!!!!

Cliff, glad you are enjoying the yak. Yaks are cool. Yakking is a religion did I mention it?

Just a week or so ago I fished a private lake in upstate NY. The fishing sucked, but I had a great morning paddling in the morning mist, when I came upon an adult female Loon with her chick (sub-adult plumage). I've never seen loons in the wild before, being from south central PA. It was a nice morning, despite not catching much. I didn't talk to the Loons though.