Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sharp1

Wader Safety Video Review

3 posts in this topic

Since I wade the surf in the Pacific more and more, I sent away for the free"Wader Safety Video" that Simms is offering. You just have to pay the $4 shipping. It was worth the meager charge to view the 20 minute video. Although it did not cover the Surf Zone, it did go into detail on stream and river scenerios. It showed how to avoid be trapped against log jams, Buddy wading deep runs, reading water, How to swim in waders, deep wading and getting un-stuck from the muck. Basically, they recommend using dual belts. If you use waders I'll say go ahead and get his. Better yet, have a few SOL'ers get some and then pass them along buddy style so that everyone shares the knowledge. Any fly shop selling SIMMS products should give one to any patron buying a pair-period. Seeing it just may save someones life. Worst that could happen is you have a blank to use for WWF highlights wink.gif Just find their website(SIMMS not WWF) and there is a predominant hyperlink to the video offer posted there. The video is a high-dollar production and well shot; featuring pro fishermen/women and rescue swimmers in the drink with fly gear. Lots of tips on the use of wading staffs too! Did I already say get this video? Watch your step folks.

S1

[This message has been edited by sharp1 (edited 04-10-2002).]