Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmy z

Atom 40's

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone still use the Atom 40 swimmers? I have a bunch I still use, most I repainted with my color preferences. I've always caught a ton of stripers with the 40's when nothing else seemed to work. I'm curious. Don't see anyone really fish them where I frequent.

I actually do fish the atom version sometimes during the late fall, the blue/whiteish one can be deadly.

My favorite 40's are beachmasters tho, the action on them is unbeatable. I tune mine to swim just barely a few inches under the surface. They work great when the bass are finicky and wont come all the way to the surface, that inch or two under sometimes will get them to hit.

I use my Atom 40. Always in my bag. Always. Its been chewed on, spit out and chewed on again. A classic. I call it the Timex of plugs. "It Takes A Licking and Keeps on Ticking" icon14.gif

I stuck some good bass in "M" a week ago on it.

Eeeeels.................

Tie direct, Replace tail hook with a big siwash or just take it off. Way too many points if you're trying to unhook a lively fish. They don't seem to swim right with the middle hook removed.(maybe because I tie direct eek.gif }