Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
springman26

Looked like a good deal.....

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was in BJ's Wholesale today and they had a Pelican Outback 10' sit on top yak for $279. It looked pretty nice, can't beat the price IMO. Might be worth checking out.

We bought two of them and we are happy. They are very stable turn on a dime and track ok. I am a total newbe to yaking but so far so good. The seat is very nice good lumbar support and soft on the but, I have paddled two and a half hours without a break and no back probloms at all. The paddles are going to be replaced but aside from that no complaints. One more plus, if you hate it you can return it. It is set up nicley as is, Paddle holder, hatch, bungies, all I have added is a rod holder and I am fishing. L.4.D.

I did an online search for the Outback with no returns. Could it have been given a different name to sell at BJs ??

------------------

"Any time a man ain't fishin' he's fritterin' away his life." - Rancid Crabtree

I did see this kayak at BJ's. It looks o.k. for someone that will be fishing back bays and doesn't want to travel far(4miles plus). But it doesn't look good for someone that is 200lbs and up. But if your under 200lbs and you don't plan on paddling far its not a bad deal for that price.