Thanks you fer all the new post. I will more then likly purchase the 160 tarpon this spring. Now I have to get rid of my mountain bike. If ya know of anyone looking fer one give them my email. Thanks guys. Will anyone be fishing the OBX this spring? Let me know I can meet ya there.

QUOTE:

"I think the general concensus is that the inflatable camper's seat cushion solves the Tarpon seat problem."

So... would you prefer to just add the cushion or change to a high-back / fishing type seat?

I am not speaking from experience but, I would think a seat with a higher back would provide better support and more comfort.

Comments please.

Regards,

Rob

Oh... and would some of you that have outfitted the 160 mind posting a pic or two?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by MtnBrz1 (edited 01-09-2003).]

Blues Cruiser I had a Pungo.They are great boats no doubt there.But till you fish and paddle the Tarpon for a while there is no comparison.Even my wife noticed the difference very quickly.Again the Pungo is a good yak I just think the Tarpon is better.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

JohnM

You spoke of a seat upgrade for the WS Tarpon. Could you give me some recommendations, is the seat easy to replace? Also, other folks mentioned an "inflatable campers seat cushion". Any particular type or brand in mind and where I could pick one up? I'm new to 'yak fishing this past year. I bought a Pungo Superlite and have been having a ball fishing harbors and lakes etc. but I capsized it a couple of times just to prepare for emergencies and it is such a pain trying to re-enter and pump out all that water (no bulkheads) even in calm water that I've decided to go to a SOT and like the Tarpon 16 or 120 but my lower back isn't the greatest so the seat is definitely an issue. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Some people like the Tarpon 160 seat and some like me can't sit in the thing. JOev uses it stock as do several others. It all depends upon how you're built. To accomodate an aftermarket seat you simply add some deck loops and then you can add whatever seat you want. There are some great seats out there that won't break the bank. The StS economy is a great seat and its only $55.

They redesigned the seat for the Tarpon 120 and it doesn't require an aftermarket seat. It retails for $599 and its a great value for a fishing yak.

The Emotion Fisherman will have some very unique features as its a kayak built for fishing specifically. It will be a 14'er and fit right between the 2 Tarpons. It will be worth serious consideration.

The Pungo is a great Sit Inside (SIK) however a SOT allows you to fish more environments as they're more versatile. I like the ability to fish a lot of different places several of which I can't fish with a SIK.

------------------

JonS@****stuff.com

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 01-13-2003).]

I'm picking up my new PUNGO Today!!!

Hey XT I made a great rod holder for my

p p pungo for under $10.00 it's very strong and holds two rods right in front of you and it also holds pliers and knife. very easy to make if interested let me know.cwm12.gif

------------------

BluesCruiser~~~<*)))><}

BluesCruiser~~<*)))><}
I drive the left lane~