Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Biggie

Sandy Hook Launching

10 posts in this topic

TimS got hassled bigtime at the windsurfing beach. I find that ridiculous that he was. I launch both there and the ocean side and nobody has ever said anything to me. I just go about my business.

On the hook,bay side,you seem to be directed by the rangers to horse shoe cove.I have gone out at the wind surfing beach but you are looked at unfriendly.Horse shoe cove is actually a decent spot and only a short paddle to good areas.

Sandy... Where do you park for access to the spot that you're referring to? I always enjoy landing on the island there. Any thoughts on how far past the island to go?

Thanks...there are alot of guys who know more about kayak fishing than myself but i try to help when i can. looking forward to fishing with you this year. talk to you later.

Picked up my hook pass today and inquired about yak launchin.

Quote as per the ranger,

No launching allowed on the oceanside, (seems silly, it's just an oversized surf board).

You can put in at horseshoe cove (don't care for the distance to carry the yak from parking lot to water there) or

You can put in at Chokecherry lot and walk across the street to the bay side wink.gif

Think I'll stay with that one.

BTW, fishing north of the ranger station is diffenitly open till further notice.

Walt

------------------

Swfly99@cs.com

[This message has been edited by Swfly (edited 03-17-2002).]

Swfly,

If you get a set of wheels Horseshoe is easy. It is dumb about the ocean but they probably think that all kayaks are SIK (sit in kayaks).