Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish67

Question on hull slap

3 posts in this topic

The cobra tourer has hull slap. I can see why with its design. My question is if one is planning to spend 99% fishing time in the salt is there a concern? I am not sure of any deterant.

I was wanting to get a tarpon 160 (ssshhhhh quiet) but need to wait for next shipment (mid August). Guessing the ship also uses paddles to get to Oz and l don't know whether to wait.

Paddles scare fish at about the same distance as hull slap. Get an outback. The foot propulsion DOES NOT scare fish and doesnt toss a drop of water on you. Seat is also dry no puddle of water to sit in. Any yak that has water in the seat is a defective yak.

Barrell

fish67 HappyWave.gif

To answer your ? I had a Cobra Navigator and can't remember cwm31.gif scaring any fish with the hull slap. But I didn't spend much time in the flats with it either. If you plan on alot of shallow water fishing under 2ft then it could make a difference.If not then it won't be much of a problem.

I tried both yaks you are looking at and both will serve you well. Why not look at the Prowlers as well they are in the same group you are interested in.

Paul