Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cliffblair

Butt Pads?

9 posts in this topic

Cliff,

after a few hrs in the saddle you're gonna wish you had one.

It's just rounded off square of firm foam padding for under the seat.

It's worth it for the extra comfort.

Forget the foam padding. In fact throw it away. Get an inflatable seat pad from a camping store and partially inflate it. Put it on the STS seat and sit on it. You will have to play with the inflation a bit and you will have to shift it back into place as the day wears on but you won't leave it home. I find it best to place it so that the front of the pad is holding more of the air. It's bulging slightly and supporting your upper legs.

If I'm wrong you're out $5.00.

So thats were I gotta pick one up, went to SA & had no luck. My bony arse has been killing me for a year now!

Forget the foam padding. In fact throw it away. Get an inflatable seat pad from a camping store and partially inflate it. Put it on the STS seat and sit on it. You will have to play with the inflation a bit and you will have to shift it back into place as the day wears on but you won't leave it home. I find it best to place it so that the front of the pad is holding more of the air. It's bulging slightly and supporting your upper legs.

If I'm wrong you're out $5.00.

Well, now that KenL let the cat out of the bag... smile.gif Everyone should be using one of these pillows if they have experienced any pain radiating from their butt after sitting for a while. I got my air pillow from Campsite in Huntington for about $7 and I put only 1 1/2 puffs of air into my pillow because it doesn't need alot of air. Too much air and you will feel like it's rolling around alot. Give it a try, you will be wondering why you didn't do it earlier!!! thumbuprt.gif

SII,

I bought a tube of "Velcro V40 Adhesive - For bonding Velcro tapes to both porous and non pourus surfaces" for repairing velcro and gluing it down. You might give that a try or maybe some contact cement.