Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edwood123

Looking for a RUDDER

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for a rudder system for my Perception Carolina kayak. Of course, I can get one from the dealer that sold me the boat but it will cost me $200. I am thinking there must be some place I can get a rudder set up for closer to $100. Does any one know of a place I can order such a beast online or otherwise?

ED

BigHeadEd5@aol.com

The best rudder system is the one designed for that yak. All rudder systems run around $200 or more and if the boat is not setup to accept it could be a real job getting the system installed. The pedals may not fit,anchors for the bolts may not be preinstalled,cables could be very tricky to run depending on interior acess. Many time customers think they need a rudder when they realy only need to improve paddling technique. A new Werner paddle or other touring style could help alot. On the other hand some boats like the Cobra ruddered boats realy need it. Iam curious how the new emotion fisherman is going to paddle without the rudder.

Barrell

Thank you for your advice. for several reasons, I purchaced the Perception rudder made for my boat. It was $170 and not the $200 i was origenally told, and wasnt all that hard to install. Im sure I could cut my install time in half on my second rudder LOL

Thanks again for your input

Eddie