Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gone fishing

Bought the yaks!

8 posts in this topic

On Saturday the Fiance & I went to pick out our first yaks. Went to a place on Long Beach Island, NJ. Great website, good prices. Problem was at 1030am they weren't open. Sign said "Open at 9 or 10, sometimes as late as 12-1." They were out back getting their surf boards ready. When we walked around they hide in the garage. Lost sale... We then treked up to the mainland side of Barnegat. The place we went to had no clue and even fewer yaks. From there we were ready to call it a day. Instead we drove 40 minutes to Bel Haven Canoe and Kayak. Dave helped us out. We tried a few yaks. Unlike my original intentions we bought a Caper for me and a Scrambler for my Fiance. With both yaks, nice paddles, seats, and vests we spent under $1500. I paid less for the Caper than I anticipated spending on the Scrambler!!! Very happy!!!

Now...I want a rod holder and another hatch. How easy are these to install? What else should I get?

I tried a few before finding the right one! I would highly recommend Bel Haven if your at the South Jersey Shore.

What accessories do you recommend for fishing? Where should i buy them?

fishin, Another 15 minutes and you would have been at our shop. We have all the accesories and install while you wait. And we are open 9-9 7 days. On brigantine.

barrell

A scotty rod holder will work fine around $15.

I dont bother fishing without an anchor.

I use it to fish specific spots and most important to rest if I am fighting against the wind/tide etc.