RISAA Show - Your Thoughts? What Did You Get?

Rate this topic

sjbkicker39

Odd, I had the same negative experience the St Croix booth last year. I didn't stop in this year...Otherwise I though it was a good show. There were a LOT of people there early Sat afternoon as we were leaving.

Those are nice, are they for blackfishing?

No he's taking them to the local pond in New Jersey near shark river to try and catch some crappies! :shock:

I definitely agree, there were some just rude people. I guess I may have been a little off with the builder I'm talking about, because he honestly could have just been exhausted from the long weekend or a million questions, but he lost my business because of it. I really wish he had been just a little more personable, really. It was as though he didn't stand by his product - not because it wasn't good - but by the way it was promoted.

I had fun at the show tho

It's good to hear you had a great time. I'm sure that was the experience of 99.9% of the people there!

Armand

"Fish are a gift from God, especially on they end of your line" -Armand Popper "Come Follow me and I will make you fishers of men" - Jesus Christ

Thanks for the plugs Armand!!! Can't wait to get these bad boys to work. :D

Thanks for picking them up. I know you'll love the way they swim and catch. Good luck and Tight lines,

Armand

"Fish are a gift from God, especially on they end of your line" -Armand Popper "Come Follow me and I will make you fishers of men" - Jesus Christ

Rissa was a great show again this year for me.But i Had tp have my son do most of the taking due to the fact that i was sick as hell had didnt need to be coughing in customers face.But on a good note he loved it and he also cant wait to go back to the show next year and fish the canal this year.Again thaks for all your support..

No he's taking them to the local pond in New Jersey near shark river to try and catch some crappies! :shock:

It's good to hear you had a great time. I'm sure that was the experience of 99.9% of the people there!

Armand

I DIDN'T EVEN SEE YOUR BOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 white bucktail. #2 bunker chunk. #3 bone Redfin

Rissa was a great show again this year for me.But i Had tp have my son do most of the taking due to the fact that i was sick as hell had didnt need to be coughing in customers face.But on a good note he loved it and he also cant wait to go back to the show next year and fish the canal this year.Again thaks for all your support..

He's a really nice kid.

and that's the right job for him He loves to talk ;)

I DIDN'T EVEN SEE YOUR BOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you didn't.

i needed shorter pikies! lol, I guess point me in the right direction to find them

I've got shorter ones.

Odd, I had the same negative experience the St Croix booth last year. I didn't stop in this year...Otherwise I though it was a good show. There were a LOT of people there early Sat afternoon as we were leaving.

Example: I asked about the cost of the Avid Surf blank, and was quoted at $320. Ummmmmmm, you did hear me say blank?

But damn St. Croix for designing a candy apple red blank. If they had blanks at the show, I would've picked one up, even with the 10% off Century's

#1 white bucktail. #2 bunker chunk. #3 bone Redfin

Nice chatting with you as always Doc. The CEO took away my purchasing power after we dropped $500 at the Veternarian... Don't get me started. :mad:

"In RI there are clowns and serious people. You Matt, are in the serious people group." -RJ

SOCO Surfcasting

I thought it was OK but others were better. This is the first time in a few years I didn't find a good deal on a rod. I did get some ideas for a new canal stick and a light vertical jigging rod. I picked up a ton of soft plastics but nothing else.

Went over to Murphy's after for a 3M and a few beers.

Embrace American Privilege

I got a Century S2  blank at a great price, but overall I was disappointed in the variety of products available.  I recall there being several selling rod building supplies there last year, and I could not find anything other than blanks there.  If you were looking for lures, rods, and reels there was plenty to choose from, but the other stuff was few and far between.

I've never attended RISAA... How is this show compared to Surf Day?

Surf day has about 50 vendors but stricly Surf casting this is 500 booths of mostly saltwater fishing.