Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eelball

Don't go to Brigantine!

8 posts in this topic

I'm fed up! I spent $125 for a beach pass. $30 for badges (Because with the permit you can't get out of your truck!!)So Sunday I go Down there with my Yak. I figure on playin in the surf. The south end has a huge surfing beach, which I thought doubled as a yak beach.I WAS WRONG!! Saturday I was out there all day with several other guys. Sunday the rules changed. The life guard whistled in my buddy and told him to wait there for his lieutenant. When this guy gets there he says "NO more yaks on this beach". IT"S FRIGGIN HUGE!!! WHY NOT?? Oh there to dangerous. The waves were only waste high at best. This guy says you got to drag them past 2 lifeguard stands, which is the launching place then you have to paddle around to another beach and only that beach.I CAN"T EVEN SEE THAT BEACH FROM THE FREAKIN JETTY!!!!Then this guy says that there gonna stop people from fishing off the jetty because it has become unstable!!!ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!So i decide to fish the jetty. The surfers are supposed to stay 100 ft. away from the jetty, but a couple grommets come paddling over to tell me to fish the other side so they can surf the break next to the jetty.Now your F'n with the wrong dude! I was so p.. off that I began to invent new words.Now I surf to, so I don't blame them, but WHO THE HELL DO THESE LIFEGUARDS THINK THEY ARE!!!With the amount of money that city takes in from those permits you would think they could accommodate the Yaks. I heard the people that live at the entrance complained about the new access road they built last year, so they had to close it.AGAIN!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!Doe the people in that one tiny block pay more than all the permit buying people. No way.Who's running the show??Sounds to me like it's the lifeguards protecting there. surf beach, so the run the show. DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO!!KISS MY A$$!! This fight just got started.

July 18 is the next city council meeting. Anyone interested in voicing ther opinion should go. I, along with afew other people will be attending. If you ever go to that beach then it would probably be a good idea to go.The reason the yak beach accesss road was closed was because no one went to the meeting to oppose the closing, while the residents of that block did show up.Now we can have the element of surprise with a decent turn out.

Three days ago at the jetty a bodyboarder got hurt in the shorebreak and possibly broke his back. The lifeguard who tried to rescue him got slammed and they thought he broke his neck. About a hour later a jetskier in the bay behind Brig got killed. I think you caught them on a bad day!!!!

I wasnt down there but I heard the waist high shorebreak was realy powerfull and the guards had a lot of rescues that day.

Barrell

I did notice that there was alot going on. I still does not justify this kind of treatment. The body border was at a protected beach, not the surf beach.the jet skier was on the other side of the jetty. While I don't like to see anyone get hurt or worse, they still have to address the kayak issue. They are here to stay, so they better make plans for them now.

Brigantine is a town run by tourist minded politicians and surfers who can't open the ocean up for anybody else.I paid my $125 to get on the beach I have as much right to the ocean as anybody else surfer, surf ski, jet ski or just someone swimming what makes these life guards think I don't have control of my kayak have they looked at some of the surfers NO they haven't WHY because they themselves are surfers or friends with some. I understand that the lifguards had a tough day you know something I have tough days myself it's part of the job if you can't handle it don't take the job and don't down what someone else does. This will be my last year on the brigantine beach it's getting a little to communist for me.

Unless there are some changes alot of people will stop buying those ridiculously high priced permits. It's easy to sell something when your the only one selling it!!