Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomh

Costa Rica Trip

9 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Heading down to Costa Rica this Saturday.I am going to spend two weeks on the Northen Pacific Coast at Papagayo Gulf and Samara Beach. I,m staying at an all inclusive resort (food, drinks, and kayaks, $55 a night per person at a beautiful resort on the beach). My wife is native and I go almost every year. I have fished there before and caught some nice snook and God know's what else from the beach, but never been fishing from a Yak there. I yak fish in Jersey about 3 times a week and do well here, but would like any input from any one who fished Coata Ricfa or similar waters. My web research says there will be Marlin, sailfish, dorado, wahoo, and roosterfish in the area. Any input would be appreciated. I usually fish with Fly and spinning tackle. thanks tomh

joey, was there this past winter and rented a kayak for a day. If you don't have a fishing seat, get one, as it will allow you to troll. also bring along your accessories. Joey wished that he had brought korkers with him too and found his Nautil 6500 invaluable. I'll let him know that you've got a post up.

$55. a night? WOW, can I come...smile.gif

Isn't there someone who posts on the site from Costa Rica? Sergio maybe??? I would post something on the Main forum and I'm sure he'll respond. Have a ball!

JONS,I don't know what kind of yaks they have, but I'm quite sure they are SOT's. I will give a full report when I get back.Why wife is nervous about me yaking down there and I promised her I wouldn't go so far out that she could not see me.

Mmmmmm - Costa Rica Pacific Side = Roosterfish, Big Bad Jacks +++- go get 'em! My dream trip would be to do a couple of weeks on each coast - well I can still dream - maybe one day.

Post a report and pix pleeeeeeze! biggrin.gif