Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Pics from Yesterday

11 posts in this topic

We hit Cliffwood beach. Unfortunately the fish weren't around. I did get some pics. Here's one of Ken L.

Ken-L-full.jpg

Here's a new guy. He posts as Magillagorilla. Nice guy, avid fisherman.

Magilla-1.jpg

Here's Joey, Ken and Magilla.

Joey-plus.jpg

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 05-02-2002).]

Fishing and company were first rate. Jon was his usual self as first rate host/guide. Catching was not so good. Next time I bring a marker and a GPS and hopefully Beagle will show us how to install the Bottomline Sidefinder.

I was thinking about this all day. There were a couple of guys who waded way out and were casting blindly. If they had a Sidefinder with them they could just wait until the fish showed up.

Great photo's.

It looked like only one of ya had life jacket on and two guys had waders and no PFD. Is this how you normally fish? Is it dangerous if the guys went overboard with the waders and no PFD?....just wondering.

Actually it was very windy when we got to our meeting spot so we opted for Cliffwoods protection. Was rough for awhile then the wind died, turned and picked up again.

Sorry Jon I'm not familiar with the area, I'm way up in Maine (where it snowed twice last week). Do you mean that it is a shallow protected area so that going over is not an issue?

JD, it was really warm and we could stand everywhere we were. Raritan Bay is very shallow in the area we were fishing. Once the wind died we were sheading layers so we wouldn't die.

h20 - that is the same Ken L and that isn't his new ride. His ride is where yours would have been if I hadn't scored some FnDs. He's in the demo WS Tarpon. I asked if he'd like to try something else and he did so we left the FnD home.