Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DCVER

Call For Help

28 posts in this topic

This may sound funny, but here it is--I got a brand new yak sittin in the garage, haven't gotten a pfd yet, but thatt' just a detail, but I'm nervous about takin it out into the salty bay, although I've used my other yak in lakes all last summer. I was out last night in the Breezy area and the schoolie action was so hot, I left them biting at 4am. The water was as calm as a lake, woulda been a great night for the yak, not that I think it's a good idea to start off at night. Anyway, anyone out there willin to lead me by the hand for my 1st time? Unfortunately, Saturdays are out for me.

Nightime might not be smart for a maiden voyage but its so different. I dont enjoy the daytime as much as I used to. I just want to paddle after dark. I think my teeth are groing a little.

Barrell

I too much prefer night yak fishing. I don't do the salt alone. DCVER, definately hook up with the guys in your neighborhood. Flyrodder has lots of experience and I know that you know Rudy. If it wasn't such a hassle to get over there I'd join you but Manhattan's in the way. Of course if you guys start getting more than schoolies I may make the sojurn. The south shore of the Sound is much easier for me for hooking up. Not sure where I'll fish this weekend.

Hey guys!

I'd lve to join in!

Sunday 04/21, outgoing.....approx 7am and 8pm.

Incoming approx.....4pm.

Catching the outgoing on either of these would be nice.

Are you guys dead set on the morning?

If not, we could grab the afternoon in and out till sunset.

Just a thought.

My only concern is finding parking later in the day.

I had no problem yesterday, but a wknd might be a problem.

Maybe the morning would be the best.

First available time for me is late morning. If you go earlier, I can meet you out there. If you want to do the PM and you think there is gonna be parking problems, we can put in at Manhasset Bay (secret spot with parking lot) or Hempstead Harbor.

The AM on Sunday it is. Does everyone have a kayak cart? If so I know a good spot to launch from in LNB that not many know about but you need a cart. Otherwise we can just help one another to the water or we can all meet at the marina on the CIP. Whats your preference? I will e-mail everyone tomorrow(Friday)afternoon as to where and when to meet. mrsinbad if U can't make it early on Sunday I'm also going late on Saturday. Do you want to go? If so I'll e-mail you tomorrow. O.K.

I do not have a cart.

If I go Sunday morning, I'll probably try for 7am.

Might do dusk also.

Promised my lovely bride that I would take her out on the water WITHOUT FISHING, so I have to schedule that.

I'll be out there at some point.

I'll let you know.

For now, I will always put in at the boat ramp.

Flyrodder,

Have you tried using the wooden steps on the Douglaston side to put in?

I don't know what I'm gonna do when the parking stops in May!

Sinbad,

Those 2 spots are a posibiity also.

DAS, don't do it. don't go out in the yak without a rod. You'll regret it. Bring one along in the hatch with a few lures or flies. Just in case. You know if you don't you'll run into an all out blitz and it could result in a divorce biggrin.gif . Just kidding on the divorce, but take a rod.

Thanks Jon!!

I needed that!!!!icon15.gif

I already asked nice if I can bring just 1 rod and not all the other stuff.

But you are absolutle right!

You just know we'll be sitting in the middle of a 2hr feeding frenzy!!

I'll shoot up outta that yak like a Polaris missile!!!!cwm23.gif

What can I say?

She wants ALL of my attention!!

Isn't love grand!!!!!heart.gif