Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cl surf fish

WILDWOOD YAK FISHIN looking for holes

2 posts in this topic

I was planing on doing alot of fishing from my new t-120 this summer out of Wildwood Crest. The first place I was going to hit was near the toll bridge going into Cape May. I'm new to kayaking, messed around last week in the surf and back bay and think I'm ready to try a rod. I was hoping some of you guys could help a brother out. I'm a fast learner and looking to get educated. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'll take any yak and fishing advice being I'm kind new to that as well. I caught Striper fever last year. It's really burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks to all who reply.

A coupla things. The Crest is a tough place for yakin. The beach is very shallow, and waves start breaking far out. The .50 cent toll bridge has good fish from time to time, but it also can have nasty boat traffic, as well as current. In the spring, there can be weaks, and the fall can have bass. I'd be super careful about drifting down towards the jettys, as the current can honk there, and you will get no mercy from boaters. The inside of Cape May (higbees etc) can be a mellower place, but don't get too far offshore as the bay has hairy current as well, especially around the Point. The back bays behind Wildwood Avalon etc are quieter and can have some good fish from time to time, but you have to find the right spots and tides.