Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spigola

Can't make the Cape trip

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Was really looking forward to it but my wife had a bad fall on Monday and she may be looking at a lengthy recuperation.

On Monday we attended a wake for one of her closest friends, in Brooklyn, and after the dinner break she fell on a flight of stairs, outside the home we were at, and landed on the right side of her face. She sustained fractures of the orbit of her right eye and lacerations above the eye and inside of her mouth. Scared the crap out of me when we turned her over she had a blank stare and I thought I lost her.

She got taken to Lutheran Hospital in Brooklyn, which is a ***t hole, and got stitched up. After 14 hours of waiting, without as much as an ice-bag to suppress swelling, to see a doctor about the fractures, I signed her out and took her back here to NJ. She was immediately seen at the local hospital, I'll never say bad things about Jersey again, and appointments were set up to see the proper medical teams to help her.

We have no idea how long her recuperation will take so I am choosing being with her over the trip to CC.

Maybe next year guys,

Spig

Just had my wife look at this and she want to thank all of you for your best wishes and prayers. She has an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow afternoon and we will know better what the course of action is to be.

Thanks and God bless all.

Indeed very scary. Prayers for a speedy recovery, faster than the doctors say. We look forward to a good report, sorry you can't make the trip but it is the only choice.

O