Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OCSurfFishn

Tarpon 120 Angler

10 posts in this topic

I ordered a Tarpon 120 Angler at the Delmarva Paddle Sports Expo this weekend ($729 with 10% off)

It's going to be 5-9 weeks till I get it...

I've searched through here and didn't see anyone report on an angler edition

Is it worth it? Or should I cancel the order and get the 120 and try and mount my rod holders myself?

I test paddled it and it was very very nice

I was able to move all around in it (almost stand)

Compared to the 160, it had a better initial and secondary stability

Keep in mind this is my first kayak

Looking forward to it! Hoping it's 5 weeks (1st week of june) and not 9 or 10 (last weeks of june)

------------------

Are all fisherman liars? Or do only liars fish?

Personally, one of the cool things about kayak fishing is the customizing you do to the boat. Every fisherman is different in terms of their likes and dislikes regarding where to put rod holders, etc. Not to rain on your parade, but I would opt to cancel out of the fisherman package, and take the money saved intall your own after a few paddles out. Assuming you can get the non-angler version sometime soon....

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

I'm with JoeB. You didin'ty say if you would be able to get the non-fisherman model any faster than the fisherman model. Either way, I would get the non-fisherman model and use the money for accessories that you would need. You don't want to put holes in your yak right away. You need to live with it for a while to figure out what works for you and what doesn't. If you think you really need a rodholder, put some PVC pipe in a milk crate and tie it down in the tankwell. Good luck.

Non fisherman model can be here sooner, but it would end up being a $50 difference. As I said I got 10% off for buying there which puts it at $650.

Is there anywhere I can get a Tarpon 120 for less than list price??

I've been looking everywhere and can't find it.

The guys at Survival Products are real nice, they're letting me borrow a regular 120 or 100 possibly a 160 until I get my 120 angler

It'll be nice to at least get out, even if I don't have my rod holders, larger hatch etc

Extra question: What kind of FF would I want?

I've never even had a boat, so I don't know much about them. The spot I'd mount it (right below the rod holder) is right on the front hatch so I could either drill through it and run the wire to the transducer or run the wire up and into the hatch opening

I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to mount a transducer on the inside??

Thanks for the help for this newbie smile.gif

See yall out there sometime

------------------

Are all fisherman liars? Or do only liars fish?

It was discounted because I bought it at the show. A special offer. All kayaks purchased at the show were 10% off

I plan on picking up a Tarpon 160 or 100 for the weekend of the 10th (after the Surf tournament of course)

Anyone want to show me around?

I just bought a new Tarpon 120 yesterday for the regular price of $599. How many do you want? Pro Canoe in Greensboro NC probably has 20 in stock right now.

The Angler Package is a waste of money in my opinion. It was not designed by fishermen who paddle, but by paddlers who sometimes fish. I have visited the R&D people at WS and they're good guys, but not exactly "fishermen."

You can do better on your own. Try it, use it and work out the details as you realize what you need.

Hey Tom I just got my tarpon from pro canoe on Saturday. What kind of feshin do you do?? I live in Burlington just right down the road. Send me an email with your phone #.