Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DASBOOT

Rod leashes

34 posts in this topic

Just thiught I would share this.

Since I usually go out with 2 rods, it was getting a bit annoying switching the leash every time.

With my STS fishing seat came 2 adjustable nylon leashes with a snap connector in the center and loops at both ends.

All I do now is unclip one to use and clip on the other in case I spill.

I ordered a couple more for other items.

The clip facilitates usage and the clips are all compatable.

Thought you might like to know.

DAS-

Thanks for the info. After seeing the STS fishing seats in action this past weekend on both JonS and mrsinbad's yaks, I am sure that I will be getting one myself. I'll still need a flyrod holder, but anticipate using one of the seat holders for a baitcaster and the other for my landing tool (haven't decided if the Boga is worth the $$ or if I'll opt for the Berkley tool).

I'll be getting the yak soon. Keep an eye out for a post for a get together at some point. Looking forward to having a mini-yak attack on LI with all those interested. biggrin.gif

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

I like to say tether it or risk loosing it unless it floats.

Joe B, the Bogas are great but here's my feeling on them. They are well made but the scale feature isn't very usefull on a yak. Most fish that I'd like to weigh I'd have to lift too high and risk dumping the kayak. Also the Berkley is a lot less money. The difference in price will buy a lot of accessories.

I forgot, Joe B had a bunch of tethers he made. He has been doing his due diligence and he's ready. We'll be hitting some rivers up your way Joe for smallies biggrin.gif .

For the money, I like the Berkley. It works great, I like the "triger" better than the boca, don't need the scale, and I can loose or break 3 or 4 of 'em before I get close to the price of the boca. -Ed

------------------

flyak

Was that a nine pound blue or a 13 pounder. Love my Boga, have a berkley too. Won't cry if I lose the berkley. Can't go wrong with either. S

Sorry guys I like the Boga. I like to know exactly what my fish weighs instead of measuring length and girth to figure it out.

[This message has been edited by FLYRODDER (edited 04-29-2002).]

JonS-

I hear ya on the price difference going towards accessories that make yak fishing more enjoyable. Playing around with the Berkley tool you let me borrow, it was good to see how to integrate all the variables (paddle, rods, landing tool, etc) while pursuing fish from a yak.

One of the more appealing aspects of the sport--above and beyond accessing places that were previously off limits--are the little things that will make the difference between a day spent catching a few fish, vs. a day when you bang them the entire time you're out floating. For example, learning how to properly set up a drift to maximize the time your offering in the "zone" of feeding fish. This seemingly simple process can be enhanced using a drift sock. How to effectively and efficiently go about doing this? I don't know. But THOSE THINGS are what look forward to learning through trial and error and time spent on the water. There's only so much one can learn from reading books, posts, and heeding the advice of more experienced anglers. I am definately loking forward to learning through experience!

And the way ScottO was talking of floating the yaks in search of prized smallies gives me the willies. wink.gif Definately looking forward to getting into that fishery as well.

DASBOOT-

I'll show you some spots on the south shore if you show me some on the north shore. wink.gif

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

JoeB,

Shouldn't you be studying instead of posting so much?! don't want to see you fail any classes and have to repeat them. That would only take away from our FULL TIME FISHING!!! wink.gif

Also, what is this showing stuff going on with DAS? If you guys will be showing eachother some spots, I want in on the showing action too! wink.gif

Hey! me too. I want to come I want to come too!!! Me want blue fish...Lot's of blue fish, and weakies, and bass, and anything else catchable. S

All reports are that the blues are very thick in Rartitan. I was having a very nice time with a great group of guys beta testing the Hudson for ScottO. I'll be hitting somewhere for certain tomorrow and then again Thursday. I'll keep you posted.

Joe B as to the smallies, etc. The yaks will get us into places noboby fishes. Nothing better than unharrassed fishes.

As to learning how to use the gear it all comes with use.

JoeB

With tackle, keep it simple.

I can hear the chant from the North: "Bluefish, bluefish, bluefish"

Those little suckers are pretty entertaining. Spend the weekend strategising where we might hook up with a large or hammer gators one after another, Hmmmmm. And 10# weakies I hear, too.