Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goinfishin

Yakkin for Stripers in Connecticut

2 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just joined this forum. I've had a couple yaks for several years mostly for whitewater. But I have two hybrids (Necky Gannet) and I rigged one up with a milk crate fishing rod setup and I'd like to go out an try it this weekend. Wondered if anyone could give me some starting points. I live in Vernon, just East of Hartford. Was thinking of going to the mouth of the river at Saybrook but I'm open to any suggestions. Not loking for anyones secet spots, just a good starting point so I can determine if this is going to be fun to do or not, I must admit hooking onto a striper in a kayak sounds pretty awesome.

I was thinking of starting out with T&W and white sluggos. Tides don't look great though.

Thanks for any help.

Hi GF,

I'm in the exact same boat. I've got several other kayaks, just getting started in kayak fishing. I just bought a Tarpon 140 and haven't even taken it out yet. Let me know how it goes for you - I'll share any info I can pick up. I'll be fishing more near the Bridgeport area, but will go anywhere if the fishing is worth it.

Good Luck, icon14.gif

KC Guy