Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rollcast

gps / fishfinder mount

4 posts in this topic

Heres a picture of a mount I made up for my Fisherman. The gps,starboard,battery, and the FF which I will soon get were all freebees from my father inlaw smile.gif . I did'nt run the wires through the yak yet but, I'am going to use the stopper method. Inside the yak is a tupperware bin where the battery will stay nice and dry. Its a little on the heavy side so I'am going to reinforce the other side of the Ram mount(insde the yak) with a piece of starboard. The only other thing I need to do is get a 1/4in. plug cutter to plug the holes on top.

I hope this gives other people some ideas for making one up. Lets see some picts of what you use. icon14.gif Rollcast

IM000525.jpg

sweet set up. i did something very similar. i used a ram ball with the electronics arm attached. on top i put a piece of a cutting board that i got at a dollar store. to this i attached my fishfinder, and a scotty fly rod holder.

the cutting board was very easy to cut and drill, is strong as can be, and won't rot. if i ever need to change the configuration, i can just go and buy another one, and make a new design.

that starboard is nice, but i believe that it's much pricier (unless it's free from your father-in-law icon14.gif ), and you have to buy bigger sizes than you may need.

No its not a secret spot.LOL Its my local fishing hole. I live down the street from Sylvan lake ,so I hit it a few times a week. I've fished this lake since I was about five with my G-pop. Man you guys don't miss too much, do ya? Rollcast