Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt for blueessss

What's your handle mean?

Rate this topic

320 posts in this topic

Pcsilverstriper - my initials ( I'm never politically correct!!!!) The color of my hair , whats left of it and what I'm trying to get while fishing ! Maybe I should have used blues since that is what I normally wind up getting !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmerc View Post

I came up with this name years ago when I had my 1957 mercury and although the car is long gone the name has stuck.

:dismay:  shoulda bought a Chevy...:laugh:

I played baseball through college and wore number 9.

Nothing like having ducks on the pond while at the plate and your teammates are chirping from the dugout:

"heynine-ah kid how about a little bingo!"

Speedwell was the name of my Uncle Robert's trawler (30 by 9 built in 1916) in the fishing village in NW England I was born in in 1949. My parents, I and my sister lived in his house until I was two - no post war housing - and I was already going to sea in it before we moved down the road. Puck is my Ditch Troll name given to me by Tagger, Scrapper and Stripstrike when I joined the Trolls in April 2009 because I am a Habs fan (hope that is not a capital offense on here). Make it to the Ditch twice a year now from Ottawa and love the ocean. Been going to the same place since 1966. Long live SOL!

My uncle is on the right in the picture. Did Dunkirk when he joined the Navy then on to fast patrol boats then minesweepers, bought the boat when he was demobbed..