Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eelball

S.J. Bass report.

18 posts in this topic

I went to a place I heard had been holding a few bass. Since my last 3 trips produced zero bass, I was itching to get one. I got there with a friend just as the sun had set. I launched with 2 rods. One had a yozuri crystal minow the other a Bucktail and fin-s. After about 15 min. of the b-tail I decided to throw the plug. Second cast got me a 32"er.BYE-BYE SKUNKO!! After that Barrell came by and we decided to take a short paddle to another spot. We got there and fond bass breking water all over the place. It was a tough bite though. I managed 7 and lost barrell. They seem to have been chasing silver sides. I had to leave them early because I was on baby duty that night and needed my ugly... I mean beauty sleep.

BTW, there were 2 guys in a little carolina skiff that had a trolling moter, and whenever they came near, the bass would just lay down. As soon as they left, they would start feeding again.hehehe.

eelball

Who want's in???

Nice Job eelball.

I know a few "propeller heads" down there who like to brag a lot. (I grew up in Longport). I keep telling them...Park the boat, buy a yak. wink.gif In a few weeks when my yak gets here, I'd love to get a line wet with ya. I know a of a spot ot two myself down there. biggrin.gif -Ed

------------------

flyak

Flyak,

If you manage to hook up with Eelball and barrell be prepared to fish yr arse off in the dark, wind, waves, bridges, truck traffic, whatever. Oh, and be prepared to catch a lot of fish. wink.gif

I'm game. My schedule is kinda funky. I went out last friday about 1am to 6am round OC. Managed a small blue, lost a few had some hits. All blues though. Still lookin 4 my first yak bass. I'm startin' to think about maybe heading out tonight.

Doug,

I talked to Barrell earlier and were probably gonna go tonight. It's a wait and see approach with the wind. I'll e-mail ya my cell #.

Barrell got 11 last night.

eelball

Hope the weather is OK tonite . Told Barrel I could make it tonite. Looking forward to meeting you. Not to optomistic after a blow like this but we'll never know if we don't go !!

------------------

Best time to fish ?? Now !!

I just looked at the forecast and it looks good enough to me. I talked to Barrell about live herring, but with the weather being a bit iffy, I'd rather not. See ya tonight.

eelball

Went again last night. Wind made it difficult, but we managed 9 total. I got 5 and my buddy got 4. My biggest was 32". But the highlight of the night was paddling in with a crystal minnow in tow and banging a 28"er in the middle of noplace.

eelball

I'll be going again Sat. night. Bullies game tonight.

Leo,

The Bullies are a team in Atlantic city. They are in the ECHL, and are called the Boardwalk Bullies. The are presently in the Conference championship. Last night they evened the series at 1 game a piece. On a goal with 1:10 left in the 3rd period. Dan Lacoix(spelling) formerly of the Flyers, scored the goal. Awesome game Final was 4-3.

Barrell,

I'll be ther around 8:30. You want nasty, you got nasty.

eelball

Went out Sat night. Thinghs were a bit slow but I managed to get 4 bass up to 28". Barrell and Youngguns24 were not as lucky and went fishless.

Toward the end of the night as the rain moved in YG24 was drifting under the bridge and became snagged on the bridge piling. It pulled his Loomis and stratus over the side of his yak. He palled in and told me what happened. He was really upset since it was a brand new rod and reel. I went to my truck and grabbed a 3oz. bucktail and told him to point out the area he lost it. He said it was one of 3 areas, so I went for the middle. I positioned myself between a couple pilings and flipped out the b-tail and let it sink. I then began a slow retrieve and just hoped for the best. I began to feel something rubbing my line and when the B-tail came from the water I saw line hanging from it. I told YG not to get excited because it could be any old line. I grabbed it and pulled on it. Sure enough, a rod tip came out of the water. It was his loomis. That was a better feeling than any fish I coulda caught this year. I would have to call it a minor miracle.

eelball

I hit that spot last night and got 5, three shorts and 28" & 29". Thunderstorms kicked up and it was instant hurricane, thought I was going to pay a visit to the Professor and Maryanne. Had to wait under the bridge on shore, it was worth it, caught the bigger fish after the storm on the outgoing.