Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pmjasper

Sedge Islands behind Island Beach State Park

9 posts in this topic

i went to IBSP this weekend and went to the kayak dropoff on the bay side near the sedge islands. anyone fish here in the fall? i here it's pretty good in the spring for bass and weakies. did anyone want to do a fling here sometime? it looks like interesting water.

John knows it quite well. He reads the board regularly. Hopefully he'll jump in and post.

My favorite restaurant is down that way so its always a good trip.

yeah thats what i'm talking about. to be truthful i don't know that much about the area but i have heard alot of good things. hopefully we could set it up soon with someone familiar with the area

pmjasper - its always nice to hit a new area with someone who has been there and has local knowledge however learning a place by oneself is also very rewarding. Since kayak fishing is a relatively new sport most of us have learned places by just going and seeing what was up. Most of the fishing that I've done has been in this manner. Its nice to have company but its not always available. I love that sense of adventure and discovery. Also you're going to learn that there are places that you don't wish to share especially on a public forum that can be viewed by many people.

i hear ya Jon but then i'm bring my GPS so i don't get lost out there if i travel too far. i may try there this weekend just to do something different of a different section of Raritan Bay. i love my yak and can't wait to go every weekend. talk to you soon. oh also have to break the flyrod out sooner or later and also i need some help in discussing how to make that yak cart you have. i don't want to keep dragging the yak over the beach possibly doing damage to the hull. thanks and i'll talk to you soon. phil