Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gaff & Release

Yak to roof rack....how to.....?

7 posts in this topic

Nuttin like a 40# Cobra Explorer...just a lift and I'm all set. But I'm not sure if this was the answer you were looking for. icon15.gif Hopefully others will chyme in on this.

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

If you happen to have Yakima or Thule bars on your vehicle, there is super easy way to load and unload single handidly. That is, to put a smaller, strong bar inside the front bar and you pull this out to the side about 3 feet and the lift the nose of the yak up there and then walk to the back and lift and slide/rock it right on up to your pads. Works like a charm every time.Better sometimes that working with an uncordinated, albeit well meaning "helper". I used to load a Fish N Dive on a ranger 4X4 that way. Cinchy. I think Thule (SP) even makes a factory loader bar just for that purpose.

In the beginning of my kayak fishing this was a big challenge. Now I load all my kayaks including a 70# Tarpon and a FnD with all the trimmings.

The rollers flyak uses are nice but even better are the these types of carts which can be flipped over and strapped in place. They do not only the loading but are also a very nice cart. They're considerably less money and do double duty.

CC400.jpg