Conowingo to the Flats trip?

I might be into that taking trip if it were next weekend; just be aware that you may not target stripers during that journey. It would be a great way to get some shad fishing in away from the crowds at Deer Creek and the Fisherman's Park.

[This message has been edited by Christian White (edited 04-11-2002).]

Dick, the only problem you may encounter is a launch spot near the dam. The closest may be Port Deposit. There is one at the park by the base of the dam, but for security reasons it is closed until further notice.

I am definitely up for next Sunday. I'll probably have 2 boats on my truck, but could squeeze on a third. Keep me posted.

Bob

Mullet, Christian,

Sunday sound good??? So far it's only us 3. Not problem with my van. Only have 2 seats though, but we can figure something out for that.smile.gif Mullet, can you handle 3 on your truck and transport 3 people? I was looking to start first thing on Sunday morn. Let me know what you 2 think.

Dick

I'm in for Sunday. There is a chance I will have one of my brothers along; not sure yet. In either case, I don't have a way to transport more than 1 kayak per vehicle (if I have company we'll have 2 cars). My boat is a Navigator, so it'll probably hang out of your van a little. You had the Explorers in your van at the fling, right? They looked to just make it, and a Navigator is about 1'3" longer. In any case, where do we want to put in? If I can meet you at the put in, that would be great since I come down from York, PA.

That's fine. We will figure it out soon. I'm about to lose power at work for the day so they can fix something. I'll post more tomorrow. I have a roof rack for the van, so they'll be no problem transporting it. 3 inside and 2 on top. AT least....

Looks like we'll have a nice crowd. Barring terrible, awful, nasty surprises (like having to work this weekend) I'll be there on Sunday. My wife may come as well, just to go for a paddle.

Vehicles aren't really a problem, as you just leave the biggest one (your van?) at the take-out point, and drive all the others to the launch. At the end of the day, everybody (except a designated "gear guard") piles into the van to retrieve their cars.

Cool.

Chris

[This message has been edited by Porter (edited 04-17-2002).]