Rigging Example

Sharp1 you should've either deleted the posts that were disruptive or just banned the people being hostile. But I guess since you might run into these same people out on the water on the kayak you probably did the right thing. Are you planning on starting another site? Let me know.

By the way you've help me out greatly since you've come to this site. I really appreciate it. Those Wellnuts are great.

DASBOOT-Those are the rudder cables and the system I currently use to attach a drift sock or an anchor is the use of a kelp anchor, or same a s a fancy bungee cord with snaps on the ends. I don't have a pully system on a yak right now, but if I still used the Fish N Dive, I would rig one. I had purchased minature "Cheek Blocks" at West Marine. These are SS horizontally mounted pullies used on sail boats. They are small, but very robust and will handle a 3/16-1/4" line nicely. I'd look into them and follow the Texas link foe the details of the system. That loop sticking up in the first shot is something Hunt had laid on it. That shot is in his Factroy.

FLYRODDER: Thanks. Yeah I did not have a BB on-site; rather it was on a number of public boards that I was being slandered. I have no current plans to direct another kayak site. I am too busy fishing all the time now smile.gif I do have a great domain name for sale-check the buy/sell section FYI.

DougC- Thanks Man!

Sharp1

sharp1 - sorry that those &^(^(^%s did that to you. I beleive that I'm banned also for speaking the truth. So we have more in common. Also the &)&ss running that sight still owes me $ and won't even respond. I was lied to so many times by him. Some people actually think that they own the sport.

We've tried to create a forum here where people can speak the truth and all opinions and info is welcomed. We welcome and enjoy your participation, expertise and insights.

Thanks Jon! I appreciate the kind words from you on this matter. I can indeed sense that this board is THE spot to freely share good info on the sport. Just for the record, I started kayak fishing in ..trying to remember... 1978 in the Reno aera. It was a kit-built, 17 foot Folboat two holer. We used to slay the Trout up in the Sierra in that boat; especially at Lake Topaz which was a few blocks from home at the time. I built a second Folboat in Vegas a few years later and fished the Colorado below Hoover Dam a lot and also fished Stripers in Lake Mead with it.Those are good fishing platforms. Anyway-thanks.

Yes, Sharp, I remember some of the heat on those sites. i have to say that I never fully understood what was going on. I have spoken with the person you and Jon refer to, and this is not to defend him, but he has been quite helpful on the phone and he spent a lot of time with me. I never bought anything from him, so I can't comment about that. It's too bad about your site, though.

sharp1 - small world indeed. I lived in Reno for 7 years and I have a major business interest out there still.

DECVR - I had also gotten some good advice and help too from that site and person. However getting screwed on orders and being owed $ isn't cool. We've discussed it via phone so you know my position and details. What gets me is the incredible sensorship of info. I was vilified for agreeing with a post which was placed by someone looking for people to fish with in south jersey. Flounder posted the link to SOL. I merely agreed with Flounder and didn't repeat the link. I was the bad guy for leading people to my site. I don't and never have had a commercial interest in SOL. The incredibly long and scathing letter I got from the S___head there was totally unappropriate and both uncalled for and malignant. Still I took the high road and suggested nicely, although difficult, that we work things out. I extended the olive branch anyway. I've had no response and of course his promise to resolve the $ matter was more crap. I have no respect for the person at all and feel that he should come with a warning label. I'm not the only person who has had problems with him.

I'll want to back Jon on this merchant problem 100%; there are those who have had a problem and those who will. Tread very lightly. You have been warned! Talk is cheap. After a very concerted effort on my part, and using all my fancy tricks, I was able to get the goods & money owed me. Not fun. It got worse from there as stated before. There is a very long list of disgruntled, mostly publically silent clients. But all that said-it ain't no big deal; small potatoes, and it is just fishin'.

Its ironic cecause he complains that he isn't making any money. I don't understand why. He runs your credit card and doesn't ship the product. Sounds pretty profitable to me. No wonder he's always out of inventory, he doesn't stock any wink.gif . If you're not going to ship it why keep it around.

At first I thought that he was a nice guy and just bit off more than he can chew but after my experience I don't feel that way anymore. He's a liar and a crook.

Sharp1, I've thought about posting a thread here to warn all the new guys entering the sport about the unreliability of purchasing merchandize from him. We've got a lot of new people who don't know what a project it will most likely become. What do you think?

Jon,

I have run into personalities a few times over the years that consider the consumer to be a "mark" and commerce as a "sting" -knowingly or not. Business as usual sees them apparently indifferent to problems with equitability and fairness; and their view point is a bit different form mine on such matters. I pride myself in being a man of my word. Some people just don't. Once identified as a dirivative personality, I tend to give these types of persons a wide berth.

Jon, I think there may be legal issues in doing what you propose, and I have given this matter more than a little thought. It is not just you and I; there is a long list of marks. On the flip side, there is

a legion of faithful hangers-on; some connected to the biz and in the legal and security fields and then others simply rabid yak-fishing affectionados following a sucessful method of catch and a yak fishing big fish hero. Interestingly, I have gotten PM'd and asked to "name names" regarding this thread already, so it is just a matter of time before the long arm of country fried kayaks reaches the eastern shores..and this Board regarding this thread as it is. So consult your web host and follow your nose Jon.

warning.jpg

Sharp1