Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sleepyhead

munchies

14 posts in this topic

What are some your favorite foods to eat while yer out fishing and yaking?? Do you take water to drink or beer? Courious minds want to know. I have only takien my camelback for my water supply. And some kind of snack fer food.

I would never take beer. I always bring a lot of water, just in case, and as to food it really depends upon how long I plan on being out. The other day I brought a sandwich and some energy bars.

[ 05-26-2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

when i usta yak and fish all the time in FL.. I'd take three water bottles the night before, fill two up with water and one up with sweet tea and then freeze them all night. Had cool water all day and cool tea for the sugar and caffeine all day. I'd keep some fruit handy for the nutrition and that would be about it. Anything else would pretty much rot by lunchtime in the heat.

I buy a couple cases of the natures valley granola bars every month. (my kids love them) I always have a couple in my pocket and a half dozen more in my truck. When you run out of water you are done yaking so bring extra.

barrell

.............I tried to stop my fingers from typing that............just couldn't resist cwm13.gif

Pretzel sticks( I'm addicted!)

Water

Gatorade

A few cold ones if the day is warm,sunny,shallow and it is more of a lazy relaxing float than anything else.

Chicken cutlet hero( buy it on the way if I haven't cooked them up previously)

I usually have a big breakfast and a large cup of coffee and some energy bars waiting for me in the car for the boast while driving home. In the Yak, I have about 1/2 dozen snack/energy bars. Rice Krispy snacks are real tastey along with blueberry and strawberry granola bars. Usually a couple is enough to ward off the "hungries." I also have a bottle of solid ice frozen the night before. By the time I start to feel thirsty, it's half melted and provides and nice refreshing drink.

I don't know because I've never seen Scott catch a fish. come to think of it I've never caught a fish when I went fishing with Scott either. wink.gif

I usually take two bottles of water, a sandwich or two, granola bars and/or pretzels, cookies, etc. Sounds like alot but I usually troll and cover a good amount of water. All that paddling makes me hungry biggrin.gif