Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Biggie

Anybody using the Humminbird Wrist Fishfinder

6 posts in this topic

Yea, I've used it in some freshwater application towing behind the yak. Very servicable as it gives good output. Nice to have on wrist and just glance at when paddeling. Used mostly for bottom identification instead of fish location, thoug it will do both. No salty experience with it yet. Scott

PS, double check Dicks, think it was 89.99

Humminbird just sent me one to test. I haven't gotten a chance yet. I will soon. I can see it being practical when drifting a river. Let the transducer out 100' or so in front and if it marks fish I can either beach or anchor and fish them.

I can see using it to probe in saltwater and a bluefish eating the thing. eek.gif

Bought one-not impressed. Good novelty/conversation item. Any current or waves seem to pull it under. Might be good for a pond. Depth indicated seemed reasonably accurate.

I thought it might be good to spare the nuisance of rigging a yak with a conventional DF with the special batteries, wiring and all.

You could just tether the sending unit with mono about a foot long behind your yak.

Agree that casting it in saltwater could draw the attention of blues.

Does the watch have a backlight for night use?