Boaters Beware Broker/Thief in NJ by the name of Greg J Thompson

Rate this topic

sneakypetethemeat

Greg J thompson is a broker that takes your deposit and runs. if you google him you will find numerous convictions from the past. He fled NJ to florida. I got beat by this guy but i felt i needed to do something. I had signed contracts with him and everything. He had a front out of west berlin NJ and is not in florida. his contact was 609-576-2583. He took the deposit and produced no boat and told me I was SOL. The contract he signed is in his name nto his business (gt custom boats). With signed documents that state " full refund of deposit if boat is not delivered (as stated in the agreement) by X date. What recourse do I have besides finding him on my own? ARTICLE BELOW

Gregory J. Thompson, 45, of Honest John Road, is charged with several counts of theft, motor vehicle title offenses, criminal simulation and writing a bad check.

Authorities believe that between June 2002 and June 2005, Thompson acted as a boat broker buying and selling boats. Three boat owners hired him to sell their vessels - one for $105,000; the others for $32,000 and $37,144.

Assistant Prosecutor Diane Ruberton presented the case to the grand jury Wednesday, Blitz said.

Thompson did sell the boats. However, he kept the money he collected from the buyers, Blitz said. Thompson also did not satisfy outstanding liens against the boats for the sellers, and the buyers never received the titles, Blitz said.

Kenneth Kimberly hired Thompson to sell a fourth boat. Thompson, trading as Margate Marine, issued a $28,969 check. But the check bounced, Blitz said.

Thompson also gave the buyers fraudulent temporary boat registrations, the prosecutor said.

The Atlantic County Prosecutor's Financial Crimes Unit conducted the investigation.

A theft of more than $75,000 is a second-degree crime. If convicted, Thompson faces five to 10 years in prison.

Big Pole Fishing Club!

• 3 weeks later...

I went to court today and the Judge issued a probable cause indictment against Greg Thompson. Problem is he needs to be served, if anyone has an address for him, even if its a marina or a boat in Florida please let me know. A lot of people have been taken by this guy. 3 people have called me already. One guy lost a boat worth 100 thousand. I want to help him more than myself.

Thanks, Bruce

1) do not believe all the stories and roomers you hear

2) as far as I know in the USA you are innocent until proven guilty not the other way around

3) You know nothing about me or my life 

4) I have hit some financial hard times. Some of my doing some not. I am trying to work threw them and intend on paying anyone that is legitimately owed money every dime that they are owed

5) I had no intentions to screw anyone out of a penny but not everything in my life is in my control and I am owed well over $60,000 but I do not go on websites and point fingers and name names. 

6) there are at least 2 sides to every story and if you are so shallow to only listen to one side or to believe all that you read on the Internet then you are a sad excuse for a human being.

Greg

6) there are at least 2 sides to every story and if you are so shallow to only listen to one side or to believe all that you read on the Internet then you are a sad excuse for a human being.

Greg

Please do tell us about your side of the story where you allegedly screwed these fine people out of their deposits?

#otterlivesmatter