Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pmjasper

A little practice

5 posts in this topic

went to a local lake yesterday and today and got some practice with the new yak (Cobra Explorer). Tried leaning in and almost tipped it but now i know how far i can go and that is what i wanted to see. Also tried anchoring system and that was no sweat. the yak moves pretty well and is relatively easy to fish out of. i caught largemouth, yellow perch, crappie and a ton of white perch while trolling with a small rapala. Just have a few odds and ends to figure out and it will be time for the big boys. Gotta get some surf launching experience and then bring on the stripers, blues and albies. talk to you guys soon.

------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

metzpetit@aol.com

"]

metzpetit@aol.com

</A>

Lake Parsippany. Pretty good as i had the lake all to myself. i was thinking of heading down the shore this weekend but was then reminded it was Labor Day weekend...no way! i'll try down by the shore the following weekend weather permitting. Talk to you soon.

------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

metzpetit@aol.com

"]

metzpetit@aol.com

</A>

went back out to the lake and purposely flipped the yak to see what it would be like if it happened in the surf or bay. had to see how easy it was to flip back over and get back in. as long as you remain calm and don't overcompensate while getting back into the yak your fine. hopefully i will never need to utilize this skill but if you don't practice you'll be unprepared if something does go down. oh also deployed a drift sock today as well. getting ready for the bay. soon...soon. talk to you guys later.

------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

metzpetit@aol.com

"]

metzpetit@aol.com

</A>