Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boulder

Transport question

4 posts in this topic

Guys, does anybody haul their yak on the roof of their car, or is this a dumb question? I really want to buy one this spring, but I have a soft top convertible. I could care less about damaging the roof, as long as it doesn't rip open, as I'm getting rid of it in the fall. It still has deer blood on the back seat from last month, if that's any indication. It looks like it's been through aa demolition derby anyway. I don't want to wait for fall when I get a truck. Does anybody have a system for this? It would seem if I get one no more than 50lbs, the weight wouldn't be a problem, just adequately locking it on there.

Any thoughts?

As long as you can tie the front and back to the bumpers your livin. Just put some foam rubber on the roof and rune one 15 foot tie down through the inside of car with doors open. We sell a soft rack system that works if it can be placed on top of two frame members under the convertable top.

Barrell

Boulder, I just bought a F&D and I have a 98 mustang. I have a soft rack system like Barrell said. I used an SUV to pick it up but I'll be taking it from Philly to South Jersey with it and I'll be carrying it on top of the stang until I get a SUV.

------------------

YoungGun24

9'th St. Boy

Thanks guys, that was what I was hoping to hear. I could have swore I've seen it done, but wanted some input before I went ahead. I really appreciate the advice, and Barrel, when you say "we", who are you referring to, I'd like to hear more about this rack if I get serious and want to take it any distance, for the near future, I'll just be going from Maple Shade to OC area. I may take it farther come fall for hunting.