Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porter

Weekend plans

20 posts in this topic

Too many threads to follow and I'm looking for a clearer piture of where & when folks are paddling this weekend.

KayakJoe & JonS I think I've got figured out. They're hitting the fling area (Glenn Island) Sunday morning about 2am and may transition after daybreak to a nearby area w/ big blues.

Raritan Bay blues anyone?

How about LBI? Bob, are you taking the yak?

MikeC, perhaps Point Lookout for spanish, stripers, and blues?

If the action is hot and it's within 4 hours drive, I'm game.

Joe and JT, how's the Shannendoah smallmouth action shaping up?

Chris

I'm not leaving home without it. If the suds aren't good, heading out into the waves. Did the pictures come thru OK? Let me know, I can burn a copy for you on cd. Did I leave my fleece vest in you bag?

I'll be stayin local this weekend. Things have heated up to the point of a frenzy around here. Lot's of bass being taken off the sod banks. If anybody is interested let me know.

Phil, eelball is in Atlantic City Area. I am a little familiar with where he may be talking of, and from the LBI reports I have been reading, the mullet run is a huge one this year. In size of schools and fish. The inlets are teaming with these schools that are being blasted by schoolie to medium sized bass and blues at the present time.

Eelball, I'll be on LBI this weekend. I may be in the mood to run down to AC or Brigatine for some bass on the banks. What is the hot time, morning or evening,incoming or outgoing? Do you put in at the rowing club in Brigatine? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm going to be scouting my usual hot spots at some point this weekend in prep for the LBI Striper Derby, but would like to hook up with you sometime this fall. Let me know what your plans are.

Porter, we can hook up also this weekend. Places to stay on LBI are not to badly priced. I'd try and swing and invite to my dads but I think my niece and nephew will be there also this weekend. Either way I'd love to show you my training grounds! If your interested give me a call, and I'll get you directions. If not keep the weekend of OCT 19 open. I'll be there for 4 days, probably camping off island.

Can you smell that!!!! Fall is here and the beaches are coming to LIFE!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hey Guys,

The Shenandoah is low and gin clear, but I am planning to go goose hunting off my kayak next weekend anyway. I will take a small pole for the smallies, hopefully, I can find some deep pockets while scraping the bottom of my hull on the bottom.

Last weekend Kiptopeake State park was beautiful down near VA beach. The fall fish migration hasn't begun there yet, but I did manage to hook up a flounder and a small blue.

I wish I could have gone with all of you, looks like it was a great time.

Tight lines,

joe

Porter, it looks like I'm heading to Ocean City, NJ this weekend.

I'm hoping to get up there and get some surf launches in, before I try it this fall. I'm going to fish also. I'm hoping to encounter the conditions that eeball posted about above.

eeball, if your willing to fish with a somewhat novice I'd like to try to meet and fish together. I can come up to Brigantine, or where ever is best.

Where ever you all are fishing this weekend, good luck!

MikeC

pmjasper - the area eelball's fishing is a little over 2 hours. Very interesting.

I'm gonna do Glen Island again.

eelball - keep us posted. Are you fishng out of brigantine or Tuckertown?

OK, that settles it, I'm in with eelball and Mullet Miller. It's closer to home and chasing breaking blues makes me sooooo happy.

This begs the next question... tomorrow or Sunday? I can get loaded up pretty fast after work today so just let me know.

Bob or eelball, how about a campground nearby? I spent too much money last weekend.

MikeC, you should come on up and join us. Oh, Barrell is in the area, right? We should get him in too.

Chris

[This message has been edited by Porter (edited 09-21-2001).]

OK Chris, now that I have some time. Still waiting for a responce fron eelball. If we don't hear from him there are a couple spots to hit on the north end of LBI that are holding trout, blues and bass. The area I plan to surf fish is also real good for launching and fishing, theres about 3 miles of natural beachfront with some awesome sloughs and bars. I'll be getting my BUggy Pass so we can pile everything in my truck at the parking lot and scoot down the beach. Page me out, I left your cell # at home.