Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

Yak plans for the weekend...come forth and post!

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking for inspiration...what are you guys doing with your boats this weekend? Going fresh or salt (or both)? Fly, spinning, baitcasting...night/day/dawn/dusk?

I hope everyone has a great yak-weekend and is safe out there on the water. icon14.gif

cwm15.gif

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

I'm gonna paddle and fish the Occoquan river on Sat. It's a trib of the Potomac, close to home and I've heard they are catching schoolie rock.

Then on Sun. I'm leaning towards fishing around Point Lookout. I've heard some good reports of flounder down there and I need to eat me some flounder!

I'm gonna be yakfishin with new2kayak in Manhasset Bay (and hopefully with Dasboot) on either side of high tide on Sunday (11:15 AM) if anyone else wants to come along...

Might hit the Navesink on Sunday afternoon / evening. Hope to finally catch a decent weakfish this season! Nothing but blues and stripes so far.

[This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited 06-07-2002).]

I'm delivery a kayak in eastern LI and then I'm meeting up with the Salty Flyrodders out in Greenport to do a little networking, bring DCVER some toys and mount a couple to his yak and FISH.

Sunday I'm helping Derrick with a fishing contest for kids somewhere in the Oranges. We did it last year and it was a blast. Over a 100 kids turned out. They filled the pond with Sunnies and winning fish was a brook trout from the outlet stream! I never expected trout there and several were caught.