Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mullet Miller

Member Recommended Kayak Fishing Guides

40 posts in this topic

With the amount of post in regards to guides and such, I'm stealing an idea from Tammy (TLDig) on the Florida Forum. I'm going to tack this to the top so it's easy to find.

Please, this thread is ONLY for guides you would recommend... if you want to discuss something else, please start another thread.

Please do not post links to websites. Contact info that is acceptable would be phone number, address and e-mail.

Before you add a name to the list, make sure it's someone you have fished with and would recommend to others. Anyone is welcome to add a name and contact info to this list...

Sticking it back to the top smile.gif

Well I guess no one else is in a hurry to post so I will. I dont charge any money so I guess I'm not realy a guide. But Ill guide anybody fishing ,anytime and supply all the gear. Just remember "Night time is the right time"

Barrell

Well I guess no one else is in a hurry to post so I will. I dont charge any money so I guess I'm not realy a guide. But Ill guide anybody fishing ,anytime and supply all the gear. Just remember "Night time is the right time"

Barrell

cool.gificon14.gif

I fish the north shore of Boston & there is a kayak fishing site here & many members could be guides if they were willing to start a business. I asked some of them if they would like me to post their info here but they declined at this time.

- Like you they will fish with anyone just to share the knowledge and camaraderie.

Some things rise above mere money.

Barrell

Man, you can not pass on an offer like that!

barrell has some really incredible waters to fish in Brigatine. If any of you plan on being down the Shore this spring, summer or fall you might want to drop him a line and take him up on it.

I fish the north shore of Boston & there is a kayak fishing site here & many members could be guides if they were willing to start a business. I asked some of them if they would like me to post their info here but they declined at this time.

- Like you they will fish with anyone just to share the knowledge and camaraderie.

Some things rise above mere money.

Right on brother. But not many things.

Is that a member from New England?

Jeff Little, Blue Ridge Kayak Fishing, LLC

One of the very best river smallmouth anglers around, regardless of craft type. icon14.gif

In fact I sometimes wonder if he wasn't cross-bred with a smallmouth somewhere along the way cwm12.gif

I've fished Indian River / Mosquito Lagoon out of Titusville FL with John Kamiski - Spotted Tail Charters - He does flats trips w/ a skiff and guided kayak trips in Mosquito Lagoon. Excellent hard working guide - very knowledgeable. If you get down there in late winter or early spring (like now), you be catching really nice sized trout.

Just wanted to pass along my experience with Marathon Kayak in the Keys.

We rented two kayaks from them for this week--one's a fishing rigged Cobra Marauder and one Navigator. For the week, because we prebooked over the internet, the second boat was half price. Total for both yaks, with local delivery and pick-up, was $350 for the week.

But, the best part is this: When the boats were delivered, the owner (Dave) said he could provide fishing gear free of charge ("I'm already taking enough money from you") I'd brought my own, so I declined. But after a couple of days on the water, a big ray proved too much for my little reel and Dave came through with a combo that does the job, even if it's not all that pretty.

Everything about the company has been friendly and top notch, and I can't say enough good things.

Even if I wanted to, I've got to go get rigged up for a lengthy paddle to hit the flood tide on a flat that's supposed to hold a bunch of big bones.

If you're coming to the middle Keys and looking for a kayak rental (It's a great way to fish here--even if the fish are proving picky, how can you argue with paddling through mangroves and flats, and having a manatee surface inches from you?), I'd look into these guys first. I won't hesitate to rent from them again.

Just bring your Boga. There's a lot of toothy critters here.

\t\t

He does have a list of put ins and will suggest spots. The store runs guided nature paddles, and is more than willing to help out.

Barrell I am going to try and take you up on that this summer I always wanted to try that and I stay a block from your store!! I'll have to let you know when i 'll be down

I fished with Jim Sammons on a trip to San Diego several years ago. Great guide who has been at it over a decade by now. Great guy, great place, great fishing.

Jim Sammons

La Jolla Kayak Fishing

That was my first yak and yakfishing experience. I bought my yak within a few months and have been yakfishing ever since.

R2B

Don't hesitate to contact Nils Christenson. He works out of King Cove Marina and knows the area like the back of his hand. He WILL get even the most novice of kayak fishermen into fish.

I've fished Indian River / Mosquito Lagoon out of Titusville FL with John Kamiski - Spotted Tail Charters - He does flats trips w/ a skiff and guided kayak trips in Mosquito Lagoon. Excellent hard working guide - very knowledgeable. If you get down there in late winter or early spring (like now), you be catching really nice sized trout.

I'll second this one! Kumiski is one of the best!

And he might even take you to some of my old secret spots!

407 977 5207

Top notch guide. (and he's got a cute tooshie)wink.gif