Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YakFisher

Welcome Newbies

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just wanted to welcome all of you newbies. I live in Northern VA and kayak the Shenandoah, Chesapeake Bay and sometimes VA Beach. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

For all of you who haven't bought a yak yet, my only regret with mine is that it isn't a highly visible color. I did that intentionally, because I also hunt geese from it in the fall. My regrets come when I see big boats tearing down the water ways and it seems I cannot paddle fast enough to get out of their way!

Take care,

Joe

Hey Joe, you gonna join us for any Flats fishing this year????? As Porter said, glad to see you're still around.biggrin.gif Like to see ya at the fling but if not let's hook up another weekend. Also lookin forward to an Assateaque trip this year.

Bob

Joe - I live in N.VA also- I ussually fish the bay in a 18' center console, but Im thinking about selling that this year or moving it back home from the marina (breezy point)

I'm really interested in learning how to fish for stripers with plastics like most of these yak fisher people do-

I'm planning to be at the fling-I'm the lime green XT- ya can't miss it!

Andy

Hi Mouse, feel free to ask anyquestions you'd like. I fish NoVa a ton!

Bob and Chris.... I was thinking of reserving campgrounds for this summer on the beach side of Assateague. We'd have to act soon if we are going to get a few that are adjoining. Mouse, you are certainly welcome to come along.

What do you think?

Hi Joe,

I live in Va Beach and fish the flats and the bay bridge tunnel. I am new to this yak fishing but if you get down this way would like to get together and fish some. My platform is a WS Pungo outfitted as an angler. Hope to hear from you. I will be at the Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fling myself. I will be in the Light Gray Pungo. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

Darrell