Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lurch4004

Whip finisher for large hooks on bucktails.

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I whip finish all my bucktails, but have learned to do it with just my fingers. Never got the hang of the whip finish tool.

I was using a whip finisher beforeat first, then Saltyh20fly showed me how to do it using my index and middle finger. It was so simple. THANKS SALTY!!! Sometimes one method is more convenient than the other.

i made this one for you. Matarelli makes a standard finisher but also is a saltwater version which would work for these.. this took all of 2 minutes to twist up. my hillarious offering to you. coated wire coathanger

There's a Tackle Making Book that shows the making of a whip finisher in a 'C' shape with a hook in one end. You can vary the size to suit your needs.

BTW; I use my fingers! I don't misplace them. :) C2

i made this one for you. Matarelli makes a standard finisher but also is a saltwater version which would work for these.. this took all of 2 minutes to twist up. my hillarious offering to you. coated wire coathanger

Pauley you always surprise me with your ingenuity. Always entertaining with a slice of practicality.

Whip Finishing?

Like my e-wife's term. She once explained it to a fisherman as Whip Stitching.

Made more sense.

Yea, i'm a genius... I will accept everyones accolades for my superior mind.. With all of the lesser minds to muddle through online i barely have time to recharge the cells of my infinite intelect. However, i will remain humble but baske in the glory of my unbridled superiority and allow myself to indulge in the unending reverence of my peers and fellow wizards.....hope all went well btw,,,,