25 posts in this topic

Barrell,

Thanks for the invite...

I'll take you up on the offer!

Been wanting to check out SOTs.

Besides, my wife said I could get a boat this year!!!smile.gif

Just post as to when.

Thanks

Barrell, not pessimistic, a realist. I'll still be out in the yak. I love those early spring days. There's a lot of fishing near me of the fresh variety and now I've got a yak. All bundled up I could only handle less than 2 hours in the tube. The yak has goteen and will get tons of use. When the air temps get a little warmer I'm gonna chase some pike and hit the BIG D and the deep holes looking for some walleyes. After ice out Lake Hopatcong has great fishing in the canal/islands area. Got some stealth spots too. Lots of choices.

barrell - offering all those yaks is mighty generous!!! I have 2 rigged yaks so someone could use one too.

I am in complete agreement with Jon about the water temp. I am more concerned about outfitting a bunch of guys for cold water immersion. (Even though in all likelihood we would be fine, and no one would take a swim) There is definitely safety in numbers, but the gasp reflex can hit even the best of us!

That said, I'd love to make the trip down! I have gear for that water temperature.

JC in NJ/yakjohn

Hi Barrell, That's quite a generous offer. You can count me in if the timing's right. I started yak fishing about 5 years ago out of a sevelor inflatable I got from Marlboro. I was getting tired of standing on the beach watching fish break just out of reach. My wife and family thought I had a death wish. I have a 16 FT. boat and a Jet-ski but had a lot of fun fishing for Bass and blues in my pool toy. I finnally shredded the bottom of it in Raritan Bay one day and always wanted to try out a couple of the hard plastic ones. I checked out your web site through the link and didn't realize how evolved the kayaks have gotten. Please E-Mail me with details if you put this togther,I am interested!!! Thank You

Jim Breese

I like to try it too. I don't have a Yak but could maybe borrow one from a friend if you don't have enough spares. It looks like you might have an armada of yaks which would be neat to see. I plan on getting a yak eventually. I just don't have the money now. I'm a broke college kid. I would definitely like to see how you guys rig your yaks. Lets hope for a mild february.

I just spent the weekend with the Cobra rep at the A.C. show. When he heard about the trip he offered to bring down his 10 demos. Hes all pumped up for a guy that doesnt fish much. I think I'll call Glenys at Cobra and hit her up for some prizes maybe for the biggest fish or most released etc. With all theese begginers I wont be able to show as many spots to you guys. Some of my favorites require a long paddle. But it will still be fun.

Barrell

If you guys don't mind sharing the water with an inflatable rolleyes.gif, I'm in... Like I said in the inflatable thread it may not be as fast or steady as the "real" kayaks, but it gets me to where the fishies is smile.gif

Barring any adventures with OPF's that weekend, you can count Dubs and I in as well. We'll bring our yaks, we just got 'em last year so we can still be counted as newbies if ya want wink.gif

Once you set a date, even if it's only preliminary, post it in the "Events" forum, you'll have a whole new set of eyes lookin' at it there. If there's anything on this end you need, lemme know, I'll see what I can do.

TimS