Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gsoupy

Tarpon owners cant do without a good seat

7 posts in this topic

I've been fishing out of a Tarpon 160 uncomfortably for over a year now. I would get a sore back just thinking about fishing. Today I installed a Surf to Summit seat I got on ebay for under $100. The difference is like night is to day. Plus I like the extra 2 rod holders and gear pouch. I will never understand why WS gives you that little plastic back rest and expects you to be remotely comfortable. I did have to move the pad eyes back about 11 inches to get the straps to reach. I did so by using 3/16 X 1/4 long aluminum rivets. You cant reach into the hull far enough to get nuts on the screws. My advice to new yakers is to get a good seat soon after buying a SOT. It will make your kayak much more enjoyable.

There are still guys who use and like that seat. Beyond me. I can't sit in it for more then 20 minutes. I have to use an air pillow underneath it too or it still kills me. NOw I've got an Endurance seat padd and its fantastic.

For the 120 and 100 they improved the seat alot. The Endurance back pad makes it a winner.

I use the STS High Back in my 160 and love it!

Installed the Endurance set in my wife's 120 and she thought the seat cushion had her up to high so she took it off.?.?.? She likes the back though.

I thought the set was fine but the extra 200lbs I have on her probably pushed that cushion down a bit. wink.gif

Tight Lines,

Rob