Post Your Tying Station

Rate this topic

baldwin

Thanks for posting the pics.

My fly-tying station is getting moved in the next few weeks so my daughter can have her own room.

Threads like this help for coming up with ideas for how it should or even could be set up

The bad news is that the new space won't likely be heated. The good news is that if it's unheated I'm more likely to be left alone down there!

Thanks again!

Pre married: Full spare room dedicated for my bikes, fishing gear and fly tying.

Married, without kids: 1/4 of the basement.

Married & kids: part of a closet I designed and built to fit my table and shelf unit. After struggling with a way to keep my synthetics organized, I glued cork tiles above my table; allows me to tack up what I want visible.

All I can say are we nuts ? LMAO oh so much fun . I guess the room & desk are real pretty for the picture but once we get involved all sheet hits the fan!

But gotta look good for The Mrs!

Looks great guys Really Good

My wife once said that she worries when she goes away with the kids for a day or two and the fly tying station doesn't look like a tornado hit it. She wonders what I was up to while they were gone. When she comes home and the place looks like a bomb went off, stinks like glue and the wheel is loaded with flies then she knows I couldn't have gotten into too much trouble!

Heres mine.  I converted the walk in closet off my office into a tying station and gear room.  This is WAY cleaner than it was, I recently bought the drawer things, I used to have all my stuff in two beat up old tackle boxes.

<br />

AppleMark<br />  <br />

My Roll Top Desk, a fly tying dynamo that's compact. Dimensions 60"W x 54"H x 32"D

Includes surround sound stereo, Wi-Fi Laptop & 3 rotary vises;

One for tying large saltwater flies-Griffin Patiot

One for intermediates with offset-Griffin Montana Mongoose

One lathe vise Nor-Vise with all 4 jaw attachments

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

My humble station:

Antique Governer Winthrop holds everything out of the way when it's not in use. Still need a number of those plastic tubs from walmart to hold the majority of my materials (synthetics, bucktails, extra feathers, etc)

Opens up nicely when it's tyin' tyme. I need to work on organizing the upper compartments!