Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OldJohn

SEDA Revenge SOT?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with this boat? California-made. Kevlar and fiberglass versions. SOT. 16'6" x 25". Kevlar version weighs only 39 pounds, priced at $1,450. Pretty low for a kevlar boat. Looks nice on their website: www.sedakayak.com.

So what do you know? Thanks. --OJ

Seda, Is well known for quality glass cockpit boats. Three years ago mr and mrs Seda came to my shop and tried their best to get me to carry the boats. I explained to them that if they had a sit on top I would buy, but the market for cockpits was non-existant on the beach at that time. I guess they finally gave it a try. The problem I see with that boat is the 25 inch width and the lack of a open well. 25 inches is mighty narrow for fishing if you are a begginner. Initial stability will probably be hard to come by. I would test paddle first or not buy.

Barrell

I agree w/ Barrell on the quality of the brand. In looking at the spec's on that model I am drawn to the weight listings of the same model in different materials. 59# for the "normal" glass lay-up, down to 39# for Kevlar. I am familiar with laying up boats and thats a LOT of weight reduction for the same model. If it is correct, you would really want to not only test paddle but strap it up on the vehicle. Kevlar is a strong puncture and wear resistant material, but when you try to get to light, panel strength suffers. Gel coats crack easily under these conditions. Always try before you buy.

Cool kite. Makes me happier about the one I bought last fall to experiment with. I was worried that it would be too hard to launch without a front batten. I need to get that thing on the water to see how it works.

Chris