Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyak

A really, REALLY BIG...

11 posts in this topic

THANK YOU to Joev and West Haven Dave for a blast of a fishing trip! Joe was nice enough to give dead on accurate directions to one of his hot spots (maybe his hottest spot!) to some guy on the internet (me). Joe's unselfish sharing put me on fish like I haven't seen in years and this made my whole trip. Thanks Joe, I owe ya brother.

West Haven Dave is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. We met up by pure fate at the boat ramp Joev directed me to and hit it off immediately. Turns out we have a lot in common. Dave volunteered to guide me around the water and lend me a plug when I needed one. He put me on a lot of fish, showed me a few "local" tricks, and made the whole day much more enjoyable than had I gone out by myself as planed. He even entertained me by showing his "how to catch a 36 inch striper from a flipped over kayak" trick smile.gif. I hope I get to fish with Dave again. He is a good fisherman and a good kayaker, and now he is my friend. Thanks Dave, for a great fishing trip and a great day on the water. -Ed

------------------

flyak

No pics, but I could draw a few sketches for ya cwm35.gif. I decided to bring the kayak at the last minute. Glad I did. The rock jocks were not doing that great. I saw one guy catch a lot of snapper blues from a dock in Stony Creek, Ct. That's about it. The only way to get to where Dave & I fished was by kayak.

So what have you been up to??? Any stories?

drop me an email. -Ed

------------------

flyak

Ed Glad you got into them.Now dont go sharing all that intell thats only for yakkers who ask nice.Maybe you can return the favor when it drys up around here.Also glad Westhavendave got to show how to land a 36 inch bass cwm13.gif Still got to talk to him and figure out how that happened.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Ed, I hope you had a safe and fun trip to the wedding, to bad the weather didn't cooperate for your Mass. leg. I just want to thank you for being there for me in my time of need and if you ever need anything just call. That was one of the hottest days in my fishing career, let's do it again sometime. give us a shout in Nov/Dec when we are crying the blues up here about no fish, or come back while it is still hot. Thanks again, Dave

------------------

iaff.gif

I'd keep it quiet from that BillW. That post on the "OTHER SITE" on Union Beach 6/6 is way too specific. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 50 yaks in the spot he gave exact directions to. What's up with that? I thought you guys were going to PM or e-mail locations?